by John Hawkins | January 2, 2008 8:05 am
40) “(I have) a wide stance when going to the bathroom.” — Republican Senator Larry Craig tries to explain away his attempt to pick-up an under cover police officer in an airport bathroom
39) “I’d say something about John Edwards, but if you use the word ‘f*ggot’, you have to go to rehab.” — Ann Coulter
38) “Aww don’t feel noways tired. I’ve come too faarrr from where I started frum. . . . Aww could have listened all day luung.” – Hillary Clinton engages in patronizing hickspeak in Selma, Alabama.
37) “hilary clinton and barak hussein obama cannot win, and they are put in place to assure a victory by mitt romney… this is the plan of all the insurance companies that are owned by Mormon interests. It is unfolding as the mormon church planned over the last fifty years.” — Roseanne Barr
36) “(News of killings is) not good for us, but it also keeps the New Orleans brand out there, and it keeps people thinking about our needs and what we need to bring this community back.” — Democratic Mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin, explains the upside of murders in his city
35) “Let’s face it: If the mothers ruled the world, there would be no Godd*mned wars in the first place.” — Sally Field
34) “Perhaps the outpouring of sympathy for [the falsely arrested Duke lacrosse players] Reade Seligman, Collin Finnerty and David Evans is just a bit misplaced….As students of Duke University or other elite institutions, these young men will get on with their privileged lives….They are very differently situated in life from, say, the young women of the Rutgers University women’s basketball team.” — Nightline co-anchor Terry Moran explains how the men falsely accused of rape got off light compared to the women who were called “nappy headed hos”
33) “I do believe that it’s the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel. I do believe that it defies physics that World Trade Center tower 7 — building 7, which collapsed in on itself — it is impossible for a building to fall the way it fell without explosives being involved. World Trade Center 7. World Trade [Center] 1 and 2 got hit by planes — 7, miraculously, the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible.” — Rosie O’Donnell talks Trutherism
32) “And I think the almost undeviating support by Great Britain for the ill-advised policies of President Bush in Iraq have been a major tragedy for the world.” — Jimmy Carter castigates the British for cooperating with his own country
31) “I don’t know what it’s going to take for people to really wake up and understand that they [the Bush administration] are liars and they are murderers.” — Joy Behar from The View
30) “Some people just don’t like Mexicans — or anyone else from south of the border. They think Latinos are freeloaders and welfare cheats who are too lazy to learn English. They think Latinos have too many babies, and that Latino kids will dumb down our schools. They think Latinos are dirty, diseased, indolent and more prone to criminal behavior. They think Latinos are just too different from us ever to become real Americans.
No amount of hard, empirical evidence to the contrary, and no amount of reasoned argument or appeals to decency and fairness, will convince this small group of Americans — fewer than 10 percent of the general population, at most — otherwise. Unfortunately, among this group is a fair number of Republican members of Congress, almost all influential conservative talk radio hosts, some cable news anchors — most prominently, Lou Dobbs — and a handful of public policy “experts” at organizations such as the Center for Immigration Studies, the Federation for American Immigration Reform, NumbersUSA, in addition to fringe groups like the Minuteman Project.
Stripped bare, this is what the current debate on immigration reform is all about.” — Linda Chavez
29) “Well, because the Arabs who were involved in 9/11 cooperated with the Zionists, actually. It was a cooperation. They gave them the perfect excuse to denounce all Arabs. It’s a racist sort of thing, really racist — you know, picking out these 19 or 20 terrorists — they were terrorists — and saying all the Arabs are like them.” — Former Democratic Senator James Abourezk on Hizbullah TV
28) “You could argue that even the world’s worst fascist dictators at least meant well. They honestly thought [they] were doing good things for their countries by suppressing blacks/eliminating Jews/eradicating free enterprise/repressing individual thought/killing off rivals/invading neighbors, etc. … Bush set a new precedent. He came into office with the attitude of ‘I’m so tired of the public good. What about my good? What about my rich friends’ good?'” — Peter Mehlman at The Huffington Post
27) “Is there such a thing as a man-made stroke? In other words, did someone do this to (Democratic Senator Tim Johnson)? …I know what this [Republican] party is capable of.” — Joy Behar on The View
26) “Let’s just say that global warming deniers are now on a par with Holocaust deniers, though one denies the past and the other denies the present and future.” — Columnist Ellen Goodman
25) “When I see a stroller now, I see it as someone who evicted a person with AIDS, right or wrong.” — Brian Basinger, president of the Harvey Milk Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transsexual Democratic Club on the horror of having to live near heterosexual families in San Francisco.
24) “In Iran we don’t have homosexuals like in your country.” — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at Columbia University
23) “A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus. Suck it, Jesus, this award is my god now!” — Kathy Griffin
22) “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy, I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” — Joe Biden on Barack Obama
21) “Our humanity has been compromised by those who use Gestapo tactics in our war. The longer we stand idly by while they do so, the more we resemble those ‘good Germans’ who professed ignorance of their own Gestapo.” — Frank Rich
20) “That we have collectively failed to halt and repudiate the war in Iraq makes us even worse than the Germans.” — Scott Ritter
19) “I propose a limitation be put on how many sqares [sic] of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don’t want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.” — Sheryl Crow at the Huffington Post
18) “Now I believe, myself, that the secretary of state, the secretary of defense and you have to make your own decision as to what the president knows: that this war is lost, that the surge is not accomplishing anything.” — Democratic Senator Majority Leader, Harry Reid
17) “I used to have violence fantasies about Scott McClellan because of the inpenetrable wall of idiocy and supposed ignorance, some of which was probably not supposed, that behind which he used to hide at every press conference. All those feelings are being shifted now to Dana Perino, violence fantasies.” — Liberal radio host, Mike Malloy
16) “Al Qaeda really hurt us, but not as much as Rupert Murdoch has hurt us, particularly in the case of Fox News. Fox News is worse than Al Qaeda — worse for our society. It’s as dangerous as the Ku Klux Klan ever was.” — MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann
15) “America needs to follow the policies it has introduced in Germany. We have to go through a certain de-Nazification process.” — George Soros
14) “Impeach the President and the Vice President, they are traitors to America, and so are all of their supporters. Impeach! Anyone in congress who refuses to save our union from these traitors by doing nothing needs to be recalled.” — Roseanne Barr
13) “Now the people in the Administration of George Bush better remember their Miranda rights, because when I’m elected President I’m going to see that they are arrested. I’m not kidding here!” — Democratic Congressman Dennis Kucinich
12) “I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow….I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.” — Bill Maher
11) “Drudge? Aw, Drudge, somebody ought to wrap a strong Republican entrail around his neck and hoist him up about six feet in the air and watch him bounce.” — Liberal radio host, Mike Malloy
10) “It’s good (Michelle Malkin’s) in D.C. and I’m in New York. I’d spit on her if I saw her.” — Geraldo Rivera
9) “I hear about Tony Snow and say to myself, well, stand up every day, lie to the American people at the behest of your dictator-esque boss and well, how could a cancer NOT grow in you. Work for Fox News, spinning the truth in to a billion knots and how can your gut not rot? I know, it’s terrible. I admit it. I don’t wish anyone harm, even Tony Snow. And I do hope he recovers or at least does what he feels is best and surrounds himself with friends and family for his journey. But in the back of my head there’s Justin Timberlake’s “What goes around, goes around, comes around, comes all the way back around, ya.” — Charles Karel Bouley at The Huffington Post
8) “When doctors pronounced the Rev. Jerry Laymon Falwell Sr. dead at 12:40 p.m. EST Tuesday….my first thoughts were not of what to say or write. In fact, my very first thought upon hearing of the Rev. Falwell’s passing was: Good. And I didn’t mean ‘good’ in a oh-good-he’s-gone-home-to-be-with-the-Lord kind of way. I meant ‘good” as in “Ding-dong, the witch is dead.'” — Cathleen Falsani
7) “Through every Abu aib and Haditha, through every rape and murder, the American public has indulged those in uniform….We pay the soldiers a decent wage, take care of their families, provide them with housing and medical care and vast social support systems and ship obscene amenities into the war zone for them, we support them in every possible way, and their attitude is that we should in addition roll over and play dead, defer to the military and the generals and let them fight their war, and give up our rights and responsibilities to speak up because they are above society?…[T]he recent NBC report is just an ugly reminder of the price we pay for a mercenary — oops sorry, volunteer — force that thinks it is doing the dirty work.” — The Washington Post’s William Arkin
6) “You don’t have money to fund the war or children, but you’re going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we could get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the president’s amusement.” — Democratic Congressman Pete Stark
5) “General Petraeus or General Betray Us? …Today, before Congress and the American people, General Petraeus is likely to become General Betray Us.” — MoveOn
4) “General Pace – you have the power to fulfill your responsibility to protect the troops under your command. Indeed you have an obligation to do so.
You can relieve the President of his command.
Not of his Presidency. But of his military role as Commander-In-Chief.”
…To be crystal clear – I am NOT advocating or inciting you to undertake any illegal act, insurrection, mutiny, putsch or military coup.
…In addition to relieving him of his command as Commander-In-Chief, you also have authority to place the President under MILITARY arrest.” — Martin Lewis at the Huffington Post
“3) A friend of ours said if the same laws were applied to U.S. Presidents as were applied to the Nazis after WWII, that every single one of them, every last rich white one of them, from Truman on would be hung to death and shot. And this current administration is no exception. They should be hung and tried and shot as war criminals.” — Zack de la Rocha, Rage Against The Machine
2) “O&A – “Condoleezza Rice”
Charlie – “I’d love to f— that b*tch dude” (laughter)
Charlie – “She’s the F—in man”
O&A – “yeah”
Charlie – “I’d F…that b*tch….”
O&A – “I just imagine the horror in Condoleezza Rice’s face….”
– “(laughter) ….. as she realizes what’s going on”
– “…as you were just holding her down and F’n her.”
Charlie – “punch her all the F’n face, shut the F— up b*tch”
O&A – “that’s exactly what I meant” (laughter in background)
Charlie – “you know F— it …. and George Bush wife? I’d F— that b*tch to death” — “Shock Jocks” Opie & Anthony talk rape & violence with their guest “Homeless Charlie.”
1) “Over time, however, the endless war in Iraq began to play a role in natural selection. Only idiots signed up; only idiots died. Back home, the average I.Q. soared.” — Ted Rall
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2006
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes For 2005
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes For 2004
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/uncategorized/the-40-most-obnoxious-quotes-of-2007/
Copyright ©2020 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.