by Dave Blount | June 8, 2011 2:42 pm
George Washington called our right to bear arms “the people’s liberty’s teeth.” It’s not a question of if the authoritarian collectivists who are consolidating total control of the country will try to pull those teeth, but when and how. The answers appear to be soon and through the malignant United Nations.
It may not come as surprising news to many of you that the United Nations doesn’t approve of our Second Amendment. Not one bit. And they very much hope to do something about it with help from some powerful American friends. Under the guise of a proposed global “Small Arms Treaty” premised to fight “terrorism”, “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates” you can be quite certain that an even more insidious threat is being targeted — our Constitutional right for law-abiding citizens to own and bear arms.
What, exactly, does the intended agreement entail?
While the terms have yet to be made public, if passed by the U.N. and ratified by our Senate, it will almost certainly force the U.S. to:
1. Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
2. Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
3. Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull — one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).
4. Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
5. In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.
Have no doubt that this plan is very real, with strong Obama administration support. In January 2010 the U.S. joined 152 other countries in endorsing a U.N. Arms Treaty Resolution that will establish a 2012 conference to draft a blueprint for enactment. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has pledged to push for Senate ratification.
FDR and the Supreme Court he bullied into submission effectively repealed the 10th Amendment, allowing the federal government to usurp power from the states. In turn, international entities prominently including the United Nations are usurping power from Washington.
Our progressive rulers eagerly comply with this. Contempt for the idea of Americans charting their own course is a central pillar of liberal ideology. The ultimate goal of oligarchical collectivists is as it has always been a single global slave state. Disarming Americans will be major step forward for them.
On tips from upgrayedd, Stormfax, J, and Wayne. Cross-posted at Moonbattery.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/united-nations/obama-regime-is-using-un-to-circumvent-second-amendment/
Copyright ©2019 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.