by Duane Lester | April 18, 2010 1:46 pm
As I wrote at Pajamas Media, President Obama is currently on a Health Care Comedy Tour. He is addressing his myrmidons across this country and utilizing Saul Alinsky’s advice.
This isn’t about logic or forming a coherent argument. This is about ridicule, “man’s most potent weapon.”
Those are the words of the granddaddy of community organizers, Saul Alinsky. In his book Rules for Radicals, Alinsky wrote: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
On this, he’s right. Ridicule is a very potent weapon. In his book Fighting the War of Ideas like Real War: Messages to Defeat the Terrorists, J. Michael Waller explains why ridicule is such an effective weapon against one’s enemies:
- It sticks;
- The target can’t refute it;
- It is almost impossible to repress;
- It spreads on its own and multiplies with each re-telling;
- It boosts morale at home;
- Our enemy shows far greater intolerance to ridicule than we;
- Ridicule divides the enemy, damages its morale, and makes it less attractive to supporters and prospective recruits; and
- The ridicule-armed warrior need not fix a physical sight on the target. Ridicule will find its own way to the targeted individual. To the enemy, being ridiculed means losing respect. It means losing influence. It means losing followers and repelling potential new backers.
By mocking the concerns of the opposition, Obama rebrands them as fools. He puts his opponents on the defensive. While they spend time trying to use sound logic and facts to refute Obama’s claims, he simply shrugs it off and moves on to the next joke.
Rather than try to refute Obama’s ridicule, Republicans leaders need to help every other American worried about health care reform recognize that he is ridiculing them as well.
I honestly believe that last line. So, in order to help people understand they are being mocked by the leader of the “free world,” I put together this video. It serves two purposes. One, to show people how the president is using Alinsky tactics to try to silence them, and two, to motivate them to keep moving forward. I used interviews from the 2010 Kansas City Tea Party.
I hope you like it. Feel free to use it and share it.
Cross posted at All American Blogger.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/videos/obama-wants-you-to-sit-down-and-shut-up-video/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.