by John Hawkins | September 3, 2009 10:09 am
Honorable Mention) “But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed … when the roar of the crowd fades away … when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot – what exactly is our opponent’s plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he’s done turning back the waters and healing the planet?
The answer is to make government bigger … take more of your money … give you more orders from Washington … and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world. America needs more energy … our opponent is against producing it. Victory in Iraq is finally in sight … he wants to forfeit. Terrorist states are seeking nuclear weapons without delay … he wants to meet them without preconditions. Al Qaeda terrorists still plot to inflict catastrophic harm on America … he’s worried that someone won’t read them their rights? Government is too big … he wants to grow it. Congress spends too much … he promises more. Taxes are too high … he wants to raise them.” — Sarah Palin
Honorable Mention) (Realizing I was pregnant) “blew me away, it rocked my world… It was a time I asked myself, was I going to walk the walk? Just for a fleeting moment I thought, ‘No one knows me here; no one would ever know.’ …My amniocentesis came back and then I understood why some people would think they could change their circumstances, just take care of it. Todd didn’t even know. No one would know. Plus, I was old and I thought, ‘Very funny, God. My name’s Sarah, but my husband’s not Abraham, he’s Todd.’ …We went through some things a year ago that’s helped me understand a woman and a girl’s temptation to make this go away….Believe it or not, I didn’t even know what a baby with Down syndrome was going to look like or feel like. I had to ask that my heart be filled up…That prayer was answered the minute he was born…My heart overflowed. I felt a love I had never felt before. He’s brought amazing, surprising happiness; he’s the best thing that has ever happened to me.”
10) “We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. … We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America…”
9) “(Barack Obama) can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word “victory” except when he’s talking about his own campaign.”
8) “Divorce Todd? Have you seen Todd? I may be just a renegade hockey mom, but I’m not blind!””
7) “But here’s a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I’m not going to Washington to seek their good opinion – I’m going to Washington to serve the people of this country. Americans expect us to go to Washington for the right reasons, and not just to mingle with the right people.”
6) “My fellow citizens, the American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of personal discovery.”
5) “(Barack Obama) is not a man who sees America like you and I see America. Our opponent is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect that he’s palling around with terrorists who would target their own country. Americans need to know this.”
4) “I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities.”
3) “Only dead fish go with the flow.”
2) “The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s ‘death panel’ so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their ‘level of productivity in society,’ whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.”
1) “They say the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull? Lipstick.”
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/top-news/rwns-10-favorite-sarah-palin-quotes/
Copyright ©2020 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.