VIDEO: After She Made the Mistake of Eating Raw Salmon, They Pulled This Out of Her Stomach

VIDEO: After She Made the Mistake of Eating Raw Salmon, They Pulled This Out of Her Stomach

Eating raw seafood is a delicacy that millions of people around the world enjoy. But when one woman ate some raw salmon, it went horribly wrong.

salmon

From the Daily Mail:

Trending: The 15 Best Conservative News Sites On The Internet

The 36-year-old came to hospital in Nanao, Japan, with chest pain, nausea and vomiting.

After examining her, doctors found her abdomen was tender to touch.

It was then the woman admitted she had eaten uncooked salmon two hours before her symptoms began, said medics describing the case in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Scans revealed her stomach wall had thickened and doctors decided to put a camera down her throat to take a look.

They discovered wriggling white worm larvae burrowing into the walls of her esophagus and stomach.

Using forceps, they began the grisly process of removing the larvae – which were of the Anisakis simplex species – and filmed the endeavour.

The disgusting video shows one long worm writhing furiously as it is pulled out of the wall of the oesophagus.

In total, 11 worms were removed, and thankfully the woman’s symptoms resolved afterwards.

Needless to say, a diagnosis of anisakiasis, or herring worm disease, was confirmed.

This a parasitic disease caused by nematodes (worms) that attach to the wall of the gastronintestinal tract, caused by the consumption of raw or inadequately cooked seafood.

This woman will probably never eat raw salmon again. That’s the kind of experience that a person just can’t forget.

Share this!

Enjoy reading? Share it with your friends!