JUST IN: Facebook Killer Is Dead [DETAILS] [VIDEO]

JUST IN: Facebook Killer Is Dead [DETAILS] [VIDEO]

The search for Steve Stephens, aka the Facebook Live Killer, has ended. His car was stopped in Erie, Michigan by police. As they approached the car, he took his own life. I doubt that there will be very many people grieving for him. They will certainly be in mourning over his 74 year-old victim, Mr. Godwin. He was gunned down randomly on Easter. America was shocked by the brutal killing as Stephens simply walked up to the elderly man, said his girlfriend’s name and then executed Godwin. He then uploaded the event, which he recorded, to Facebook.

Stephens died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound while driving a white Ford Fusion near Buffalo Road and Downing Avenue around 11:10 am, police said. State police were following his car as it headed west into Erie after leaving a nearby McDonald’s. The vehicle was stopped in the westbound lane of Buffalo Road, across from the former Burton Elementary School, 1660 Buffalo Road. Police are blocking off the entire school grounds. Both the police and the FBI are on the scene.

From GoErie.com:

Steve Stephens found dead of self-inflicted gunshot wound in white Ford Fusion on Buffalo Road, Erie police confirmed. State police had been following the car as it was headed west into the city of Erie.

12:51 p.m.

Spectators at the scene of an investigation of Steve Stephens’ apparent suicide in Erie, many streaming video of the scene from their smartphones, were glad the manhunt for the accused Cleveland Facebook killer was over. They said they’d been worried about the safety of local children after first hearing Stephens might be in Erie.

Others were not afraid at all.

“Everyone was scared of this dude for no reason,” Melvon Heidelberg said.

Heidelberg, 21, of Erie, traveled to the scene from East Lake Road after his friend told him Stephens had been found.

“People get shot out here everyday,” he said. “In Erie, that’s how it is. It’s real out here. You gotta be careful.”

Another spectator, Lisa Jenkins, of Erie, said the city has enough problems already.

“We don’t need Cleveland’s,” said Jenkins, 47.

The manhunt for Stephens was expanded to five different states yesterday as it was suspected that he had fled the Cleveland, Ohio area. The manhunt for Stephens had extended across the country, with widespread news coverage and social media fueling reports of multiple sightings, some as far away as Detroit and Houston. There was a $50,000 reward for information leading to his capture.

A warrant for Stephens’ arrest on a charge of aggravated murder had been issued and the police asked residents of Indiana, Michigan, New York, northeast Ohio and Pennsylvania to be on alert. Stephens said in a video on Sunday that he had killed multiple people, but the police said there was only one known victim. He claimed he killed 13 others.

Stephens’ Facebook posts revealed that he had some familiarity with Erie as he wrote about his gambling losses at casinos there and in Cleveland. The city of Erie became the focus of intense speculation as law enforcement referenced a “pinged” cell tower early in the investigation before Stephens shut off his phone.

I am relieved this has come to an end… there was really only one way it could end and that was with Stephens’ death. It remains to be seen if there are other victims. But at least this threat is now no longer active. My prayers are with his victim’s family. May they find peace in the days to come.

Purchase from Amazon Here

Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

Terresa Monroe-Hamilton is an editor and writer for Right Wing News. She owns and blogs at NoisyRoom.net. She is a Constitutional Conservative and NoisyRoom focuses on political and national issues of interest to the American public. Terresa is the editor at Trevor Loudon's site, New Zeal - trevorloudon.com. She also does research at KeyWiki.org. You can email Terresa here. NoisyRoom can be found on Facebook and on Twitter.

Share this!

Enjoy reading? Share it with your friends!