Pregnant Teen Wakes Up in Coffin After Family Realizes She Was Buried ALIVE [Video]

Pregnant Teen Wakes Up in Coffin After Family Realizes She Was Buried ALIVE [Video]

What a horrific way to die. This young girl, who was 16 and 3 months pregnant, got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and collapsed. She was foaming at the mouth and her parents called an exorcist. Then she was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead. The girl was then put in a coffin with a glass window and sealed in a concrete tomb. Her husband went to visit his young bride’s grave the next day and heard her yelling and screaming inside. He went and got family members and they got sledgehammers and broke in to free her. When the lid to the coffin was lifted, she was still warm and had a faint heartbeat, but she passed away and was reburied. The teenager was buried alive and suffocated. It is a nightmare beyond belief.

Buried Alive1

From the Daily Mail:

A ‘dead’ teenager woke up in her coffin and screamed for help one day after she was buried – but died again before desperate relatives could save her.

Trending: The 15 Best Conservative News Sites On The Internet

Footage has emerged showing grieving family members breaking through the concrete tomb from where Neysi Perez, 16, had been heard ‘banging and screaming’.

Relatives who removed the girl’s corpse found that the glass viewing window on her coffin had been smashed and the tips of her fingers were bruised.

But despite efforts to revive her medics found no signs of life and she was later returned to the cemetery and reburied in the same mausoleum.

Ms Perez, who was three months pregnant, reportedly fell unconscious after waking up in the night to use the outside toilet at her home in La Entrada, western Honduras.

It was believed she may have collapsed in an apparent panic attack after hearing a burst of gunfire.

But when the teenager started foaming at the mouth her religious parents called the local priest believing she had become possessed by an evil spirit.

Relatives told how the priest tried to exorcise her, but she later became lifeless and was rushed to hospital, where three hours later doctors declared her dead.

Ms Perez was buried in the wedding dress she had recently used to get married.

A day after her funeral, her husband Rudy Gonzales was visiting her grave at the La Entrada General Cemetery when he heard banging and muffled screams from inside the concrete tomb and raised the alarm.

The footage shows desperate family members breaking through the concrete block tomb with a sledgehammer, before bringing out and opening up Ms Perez’s coffin to try to revive her.

Mr Gozales told local TV news Primer Impacto: ‘I was heartbroken because my sweetheart had been taken so suddenly from me. I wanted to be near to her.

‘As I put my hand on her grave I could hear noises inside. I heard banging, then I heard her voice. She was screaming for help.

‘It had already been a day since we buried her. I couldn’t believe it. I was ecstatic, full of hope.’

Cemetery worker Jesus Villanueva said he had also heard noises coming from the grave.

He said: ‘I convinced myself that the screams were coming from somewhere else. I never imagined that there was someone alive in there.

‘That afternoon the girl’s husband came to me begging me to get her out because she was alive.

‘He was hysterical. The family were soon here and started breaking through the tomb, shouting her name.’

Ms Perez was taken by truck to the nearest hospital in San Pedro Sula, where she was carried in still inside her coffin.

But although medics tried to revive her, all the tests they carried out showed that she was clinically dead.

Doctor Claudia Lopez recalled: ‘The whole family rushed in, almost breaking the door down, carrying the girl in her casket.

‘I told them to take her out and put her on the bed. Everybody was claiming she was alive so I went through all the necessary procedures.

‘We evaluated and tried everything but the girl was dead. They put her back in the coffin and took her away again, back to the cemetery.’

Doctors believe Ms Perez may have suffered a severe panic attack which could have temporarily stopped her heart activity.

Another hypothesis is that the teenager had a cataplexy attack, an abrupt temporary loss of voluntary muscle function typically triggered by a strong emotional stimulus such as stress or fear, during which the victim maintains full conscious awareness.

She may then have died from lack of oxygen after waking up inside the closed coffin.

Her cousin, Carolina Perez, said: ‘Once we had taken her out of the tomb I put my hand on her body. She was still warm, and I felt a faint heart beat.

‘She had scratches on her forehead and bruises on her fingers. It looked like she had tried desperately to get out of the casket and hurt herself.

Ms Perez’s mother Maria Gutierrez firmly believes her daughter was buried alive and blames medics for being too quick to sign her death certificate.

She said: ‘The doctors declared her dead but everybody else around me kept telling me she wasn’t. She didn’t look like she had died.

‘Even after a day in the tomb the colour of her body was normal, her corpse didn’t smell, she just looked like she was in a deep sleep.

‘There was no rigamortis, her body was still flexible, it was impossible that she had been dead for so many hours.

‘We were all so happy. After being declared dead for such a long time, everybody was saying that she had come back to life.

‘We were all so happy. I thought I was going to get my daughter back.’

For a brief moment, the family thought they would have their daughter back. Unfortunately, it did not work out that way. Obviously, there was no autopsy or the girl would have really been deceased. This is why the Irish and others do a wake for a day or so before burial. Just in case. The mother blames the medics and doctors for being too quick to sign off on the death of her daughter. I would agree. There were scratches on her face and her hands were bloodied and bruised from trying to claw her way out of her coffin. My prayers are with her family and bless the souls of this poor girl and her unborn baby.

Buried Alive2

Buried Alive3

Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

Terresa Monroe-Hamilton is an editor and writer for Right Wing News. She owns and blogs at She is a Constitutional Conservative and NoisyRoom focuses on political and national issues of interest to the American public. Terresa is the editor at Trevor Loudon's site, New Zeal - She also does research at You can email Terresa here. NoisyRoom can be found on Facebook and on Twitter.

Share this!

Enjoy reading? Share it with your friends!