Solar Panels Start Fire at Town Hall Run by Green Party

If solar energy made economic sense, it wouldn’t require government subsidies. But at least it sometimes provides entertainment value. Breitbart calls this Bonfire of the Insanities:

A large fire occurred [Monday] at Hove Town Hall caused by a faulty solar panel on the roof of the building. No-one was hurt. Locals have been quick to take aim at the Green party with jibes over their record in office at Brighton and Hove city council, which owns the building. …

A woman passer-by told reporters: “There’s lots of acrid smoke which is so bad that lots of passers-by are covering their mouths. … You can see the smoke from at least half a mile away. It’s thick black smoke, it’s got to be quite a substantial fire.”

Let’s hope the polar bears understand that the Greenies meant well.

Trending: The 15 Best Conservative News Sites On The Internet

Fires in buildings with solar panels are extremely dangerous for firefighters, because direct current is more hazardous than alternating current, and because the materials involved create toxic smoke when burned. As a result, such fires are sometimes left to burn themselves out. But for better or worse, they put out Hove Town Hall.

hove-town-hall-solar-panel-fire
The Green Party does its part for the environment.

On tips from Stormfax, J, and Henry. Cross-posted at Moonbattery.

Share this!

Enjoy reading? Share it with your friends!