Man Bitten While Taking a SELFIE with a Rattlesnake

Man Bitten While Taking a SELFIE with a Rattlesnake

It never occurred to me that I’d actually have to say this, but you probably shouldn’t get within selfie-ing distance of a poisonous snake. On California man tried it and almost lost his hand. I hope he at least got the picture first.

screen-shot-2015-08-28-at-10-54-44-am

From KDVR:

A California man could lose his hand after being bitten by a rattlesnake he was holding and taking pictures with, family members said Thursday.

Trending: The 15 Best Conservative News Sites On The Internet

Alex Gomez found the 4-foot long snake behind his home on Monday and decided to pick it up. The 36-year-old could be seen holding the snake and even wrapping it around his neck in photographs provided to KTLA.

At some point after the photos were taken, the rattlesnake attacked Gomez, biting him in the hand.

“I was terrified and I said ‘What a fool, stupid, you could die,’” his mother Debra Gomez said.

Alex Gomez was airlifted to Loma Linda Hospital for treatment.

He was out of the hospital Thursday night but still faced the possibility he could lose his hand.

We can’t stop everyone from doing stupid stuff, but we can make an example out of them and hopefully prevent a few people from making the same mistake.

Share this!

Enjoy reading? Share it with your friends!