His Family Got Into The Car, As He Shoveled Snow, Now He’ll Never See Them Alive Again…

His Family Got Into The Car, As He Shoveled Snow, Now He’ll Never See Them Alive Again…

A family of 4 is now a family of one. A sad set of circumstance that no one could have seen coming left one man a widower – and burying his two children. Get your tissues out, because you are sure going to need them:

bonilla

A three-year-old girl found in critical condition inside a snowed-in car in New Jersey alongside the bodies of her mother and brother has also died, medics said.

Saniyah Bonilla was taken to hospital on Sunday after being found unresponsive in a car alongside her mother Sasha, 23, and brother Messiah, one, who were already dead.

Trending: The 15 Best Conservative News Sites On The Internet

Saniyah had remained in critical care at the St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson until she passed away yesterday afternoon, NBC New York reported.

The family are thought to have succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning after their car’s tail pipe became blocked with snow, forcing exhaust fumes into the cabin.

The tragedy is believed to have unfolded as the family, including father Felix Bonilla Jr, went to dig their car out of a huge snow drift following storm Jonas which hit on Saturday.

While digging Sasha, Saniyah and Messiah are thought to have become cold, and so climbed into the vehicle and turned the heaters on as Felix continued digging just a few feet away.

By the time Felix looked up from what he was doing ten minutes later, he found his entire family unconscious.
Witnesses describe trying to carry out CPR on the trio, but quickly realized that the little boy and his mother could not be saved.

They were pronounced dead immediately after arriving at hospital, while doctors described Saniyah’s condition as ‘very critical’ and said she was unlikely to survive.

Neighbor Isabel Carmona described the tragic scene, saying father Felix was reduced to tears, ‘crying and jumping’ around before medics arrived.

When rescue workers did eventually arrive, she added: ‘The paramedic, he cry, and the police cry. Everybody cry.’

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is produced by the incomplete burning of hydrocarbon fuels, such as gasoline.

Please, take care if you must drive or use your vehicle in the snow. Your life – and your families lives- may depend on it. Nothing is worth that cost.

Written by Katie McGuire. Send your hate mail to the author at [email protected], or feel free to mean tweet me at @GOPKatie, where I will be sure to do very little about it.

Avatar

McGuire

Writer, Blogger. Political aficionado. Addicted to all levels of government campaigns.

Share this!

Enjoy reading? Share it with your friends!