The Miracle Girl Who Came Back To Life: 3-Year-Old Fine After Losing Her Heartbeat For 12 Minutes

The Miracle Girl Who Came Back To Life: 3-Year-Old Fine After Losing Her Heartbeat For 12 Minutes

When a young girl fell into a pool and was without oxygen for a substantial amount of time, the situation appeared grim. However, like a modern-day Lazarus, the child came back to life and people are astonished by the miracle.


A three-year-old girl came back to life after drowning in a pool leaving her family and doctors astounded.

The Nipper family, from Cape Girardeau, Missouri, had been enjoying a pool party with friends on July 29 when the tragic accident occurred.

Trending: The 15 Best Conservative News Sites On The Internet

Alise Nipper had showed no signs of life when she was pulled from the water, but her determined mother Jamie continued with CPR for 12 desperate minutes until there was a heartbeat.

Despite suffering from traumatic injuries, within weeks, Alise defied all expectations to make a full recovery and has even returned to the pool less than two months later.

On the day in question, Jamie Nipper and her daughter Alise had swum for a couple of hours, but when the weather suddenly turned, everyone decided to head inside.

She described her terror when she was unable to find her daughter after taking her life jacket off.

We saw lightning from afar, that’s when we had the kids get out of the pool,’ she told KFVS-TV.

‘For a split second, I thought keep her life jacket on.’

But she took it off as everyone was making their way inside the house before returning home.

‘All of a sudden, I look over and she wasn’t there, where I last saw her.’

In a complete state of panic, she searched the pool until she caught sight of Alise and pulled her from the water.

She desperately hoped the little girl had not been under water for very long, but it quickly became clear it was longer as she was blue and there were no signs of life.

Nipper immediately started performing CPR and Heather Kyle, a friend, began to help.

Kyle, a nurse and CPR instructor, said she had ‘little hope’ but added: ‘I said we are going to do CPR until an ambulance gets here.’

The child had no pulse and there was little hope, but they continued for 12 minutes and suddenly there was a heartbeat.

Alise’s mother was ‘amazed’ and the little girl was taken to the hospital alive, but in a critical condition.

When she was transported to Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital in St. Louis, doctors there were also feeling hopeless.

Dr Jeremy Garret said both her body and her brain had been seriously hurt.

‘Her lungs took on severe injury which continued to be a problem,’ he told KFVS-TV.

A family friend in Cape Girardeau set up a Facebook page asking for well-wishers to pray for a miracle.

And after just six days in hospital, Alise showed signs of improvement.

Doctors removed her ventilator and she woke up and began to talk – and sing. Within two weeks, she was home.

‘The day we left it was surreal, I felt like I can’t believe we lived through this,’ said her mother.

Now, it appears the accident, which Alise has no memory of, barely affected the young girl physically or mentally.

Dr Garrett added: ‘For her brain to come through this and be as functional as possible is astounding. Prayer and luck and divine intervention were the key factors.’

Alise’s father Chris said he is ‘extremely grateful’ for the chance to have more time with his daughter.

And her mother is determined to spread her story and urge others to get their CPR certification.

Thank God she’s okay. Remember: life can change in an instant, so please be ready. Know what to do in an emergency.

Share this!

Enjoy reading? Share it with your friends!