This Toddler Lost Her Leg After This Every-Day Item Found In Many Kitchens EXPLODED

This Toddler Lost Her Leg After This Every-Day Item Found In Many Kitchens EXPLODED

We all know kitchens aren’t exactly the safest place for small children to be. Between the knives, heavy cutting boards, and hot pans on the stove, it’s probably a good idea to keep them out. But one kitchen item you didn’t expect to be dangerous caused one Florida toddler to lose her entire leg after it exploded.


From The Daily Mail:

A Florida toddler’s left leg was amputated this week, almost one month after a tragic accident involving a pressure cooker.

Two-year-old Samantha Gonzalez was severely burned on September 14 when a pressure cooker exploded near her while she was taking a bath in the kitchen sink.

‘Since then, she’s been fighting for her life,’ says a GoFundMe page set up for the toddler.

According to Local10 news, the accident occurred while her grandmother used the kitchen appliance to make food.

The woman had been washing her granddaughter, the television station reported.

‘[Samantha] received 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 60% of her body!’ the GoFundMe page said.

It also indicated that several fingers could be amputated.

The page said that ‘her kidneys, liver and pancreas are all failing her.

‘She has had several blood transfusions, and currently has to be undergoing dialysis.’

Samantha is a patient at Miami’s Jackson Memorial Hospital, the GoFundMe page said.

Speaking to Local 10, her mother Tiana Gonzalez said: ‘I guess it was an accident.

‘I felt really, really sad since she’s my only baby girl.’

If you are interested in donating to help pay for Samantha’s treatment, visit her GoFundMe page.

This was an extremely tragic accident, and I would like to implore you all to donate anything you can to help this little girl get the treatment she needs to survive.

Share this!

Enjoy reading? Share it with your friends!